Friday, May 25, 2007

Where the beading magic really happens.

Yesterday I showed you my studio, but today I'm going to show you where I really do my work.


Yep, that's right. On my big, comfy couch. With my trusty companion, Season. I must admit I did tidy it up a bit. Usually I'm buried under pillows to create my little makeshift table to put my bead tray on. And that end table is typically piled high with beading essentials.

Tomorrow I am heading to the International Gem and Jewelry Show with my friend Lisa. This show has an eclectic mix of anything from enormous diamonds to cheap purses. Some years I find a lot of good semi-precious beads and freshwater pearls and other years I hardly buy anything. Last year I bought picture frames. See what I mean? Eclectic. This show will tide me over until Bead & Button in June. Now there's a show where I'm almost guaranteed to part with some cash.

Mark has been working hard to get his workshop in order. I was just in the basement with N. and all I can say is, "wow." He is so organized. I wish I could be that organized. I know he wishes I could be, too. :) Now that his workshop is situated I can put in my orders.


Any holiday weekend plans? We are staying home. Other than the bead show, we have a friend in town from Seattle who is coming to visit tonight and my very dear friend Andrea from Minnesota will be in town as well. I might also get together with my mom to learn how to make granny squares.

Have a safe, relaxing holiday weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Wow - your home looks so neat and tidy!

Thanks for showing us your studio - I love the beads in the spice rack. That's a great idea!

Josh has Monday off so we have a three day weekend together. No plans yet - but Ikea is having a "no sales tax" weekend, so we might go check that out.

I'll be in my studio quite a bit.

: ) Have a GREAT weekend! Can't wait to see what you find at the show!

Nysidra said...

Wow, you've got some great stuff. I especially love the bracelet you posted. Thanks for the lovely comment on my necklaces.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

LeeAnn said...

I can't be confined to one space either. We are heading to Philly to visit family we haven't seen in a while. Speaking of which I better wake the husband up so we can get a move on!