Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Great idea!


I remembered that the launch date for Beaducation was supposed to be sometime this week (or maybe last week?). Sure enough, when I checked the site, it was up and running. Beaducation is the endeavor of artist Lisa Niven Kelly. The site allows students to take classes whenever and wherever they'd like, as long as they have access to a computer. Here's how it works: students select and purchase the class they'd like to take, get their supplies ready, view the video, print out the instructions, and they're on their way. You have one week to view the video as many times as you'd like. You'll also have the instructions you printed to help you if your project takes longer than one week. They have a great faculty as well. And, there are also some free instructional videos available on the site. I love this idea and I'm already eyeing a class or two...maybe three... I'm very interested in the upcoming class by Laura McCabe.

I took a stamped bracelet class called "Say it on Your Wrist" from Lisa at Bead & Button one year. This bracelet is the one I made in class and has a Chinese proveb stamped on it: "A book is a garden carried in your pocket." I've branched out to make bracelets with kid's names and inspiring words, along with birth dates. They make a great gift for new moms - or any moms for that matter!



2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

This is really cool. I checked out the site.

Jenn Maruska said...

Thanks for sharing that info!