Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dragonflies.

I was fortunate to receive some spectacular birthday gifts from great friends this year. They all seemed to be on the same page - the one with a dragonfly on it!

The extremely talented and incredibly nice Jenn made me this embroidered fabric picture! I so love it. Click on the photo to view full size. Her details are wonderful. And she also sent along some stickers for me and for N. Many of N.'s have already been used. He grades the "homework" assignments he gives to Mark and I and we get a sticker if we do well. And that pig keychain? If you push the button it snorts and it's nose lights up with a blinding light! Of course, I had to look directly into the bright light the first time and then saw spots before my eyes for about 10 minutes. Very silly. N. has pretty much confiscated that gift.

My very wonderful friend Andrea sent me this handmade tile from Minnesota.

And my sweet friend Christina gave me this t-shirt from Lucy. (No, that's not me modeling it!)

I also have to show you what my mom gave me, but I couldn't get a good photo of it in the dim light today. Hopefully tomorrow, though I think we're supposed to have rain here tomorrow.

We'll see.

3 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

I'm so happy that you like your gifts : )

(That pig blinded me, too!)

Quite a long time ago I blogged that I was thinking of making a dragonfly pincushion set and you told me then that you liked dragonflies. I never made the set - so I thought I'd make you a dragonfly for your birthday : )

The tile is gorgeous... and CUTE t-shirt!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Happy belated birthday! Thanks for stopping by my blog - it's good to find another fellow beader! I'll definitely be back.

(By the way, I was especially interested in this post, because I've been kicking around an idea for making a dragonfly necklace in PMC - I love dragonflies, too!)

Felicia said...

Love all those pretty dragonflies :) Hope it was the best birthday yet.