Sunday, October 21, 2007

Blog interrupted.

My mom gave me these earrings that she found while on vacation. I spruced them up a bit, adding a crystal to the top and replacing the earwires with sterling leverbacks.

My posting may be a bit sporadic in the near future. On Friday I went to the doctor with pain in my lower right abdomen. I felt like it was muscle strain, but my mom was worried, so I decided to go on Friday during my lunch hour. The doctor also thought it was muscle strain, but had me go get blood drawn just to be sure it wasn't appendicitis.

I went about my day and later picked up N. before heading to meet Mark for dinner. On our way to dinner the doctor called to say my white blood cell count was a moderately high, as was the test for inflammation. My doctor is a friend of Mark's family and suggested I go to the ER right away to get checked out. I had a CT scan (and let me tell you, the test for appendicitis was not fun!), which showed the appendix was fine, but showed a 14 cm cyst on my left ovary. That's pretty large, roughly the size of a grapefruit. I had a cyst once in college that ruptured. That was extremely painful. Anyway, I have a doctor appt. on Tuesday to see if I'll need surgery, etc. The ER doctor also said a CT scan is not the best way to find or look at a cyst, and that I'll probably have an ultrasound with my own doctor.

N. is telling everyone we know how cute I looked in the hospital gown in the ER. I'll have to keep my cuteness in mind if I have to go to the hospital for surgery! :)

Think some positive thoughts for me.

8 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

I'm so glad that your mom encouraged you to get that checked out.

I hope that you can have it taken care of right away.

You know I'll be thinking about you every day, Christina!

: ) Jenn

jessica said...

Oh - I'm so sorry! Best wishes for a speedy and safe recovery!

iSew said...

Oh dear me. Thanks to your mom for pestering you. I hope it all goes well and as easy and painless as possible. Thinking of you.

Joni said...

I will be thinking of you and hoping you do just fine and will no pain!

Yazmin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yazmin said...

Yikes, Christina! I'll be thinking of you. :)

Katrin mdmB said...

Hope things turn out well for you...

mommy to six J's said...

I am so sory to hear that I had a cyst on my ovarie and when it burst it wasso painful hopefully they can take care of it before it burst. Take care of your self, CHAR