Friday, October 12, 2007

Bridesmaid jewelry.

This morning the smoke detector in our master bedroom is chirping because it needs a new battery. We forgot to change them when we set the clocks ahead in the spring. There are about seven smoke detectors in this house. Out of all of those—of course!—it has to be the one on the vaulted ceiling that I cannot reach with a normal ladder that is chirping. Of course. We have Mark's parents' ladder (from when we were painting) that could reach it if I could carry the 1,000-pound thing upstairs. I've shut the door, but I can still hear it.

Chirp....chirp....chirp...

N. does not like smoke detectors and really freaks out if they make any sort of noise. So, while I was trying to figure out what to do, he was alternating between being nearly hysterical and asking me a million questions about what I was doing, why it was chirping, and how I was going to stop it.

Chirp....chirp....chirp...

So, what does any calm, rational married woman do in this situation? She calls her husband to yell at him for not changing the batteries when the time changed in the spring. That's right; start his day out just as nicely as hers. (Could she have done it herself in the spring? Sure, but then who could she call to be mad at about this situation?) Poor Mark. He was over halfway to work, but offered to come home and change the battery. No, I wasn't driven crazy enough to have him do that. I did profusely apologize for having a breakdown while on the phone with him. It's just...all that chirping is driving me crazy.

Chirp....chirp....chirp...

What was I planning to talk about in this post? Oh yes...bridesmaid jewelry. I was digging through my jewelry armoire last week and came across this set that I made several years ago. My sister-in-law Janene and I made these for all of her bridesmaids. Our dresses were chocolate brown. The stones in the set light and dark smokey quartz and also clear quartz. The rest are Swarovski Crystals in clear and Colorado Topaz with a few small freshwater pearls. The components are all sterling.

We had a lot of fun doing the bead shopping for this and the jewelry looked really great with the dresses. It's so much fun to get all dressed up and wear sparkling jewels.

Chirp....chirp....chirp.

Let's think about something else. This weekend we have friends coming over for game night. I'm cooking up some tacos and also some apple crisp. I'm thinking about making some chicken for the tacos in the crock pot. I love my crock pot. And I plan to get some coffee so I can use this.

I saw a similar one on my friend Jenn's blog and thought it was a great idea - no more need for the cardboard sleeves at the coffee shop. I got mine at Caffeinated Crafts.

I hope your weekend is nice. And, if your smoke alarm batteries haven't been changed in a while, perhaps this weekend would be a good time.

Chirp....chirp....chirp.

2 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Oh you poor thing! I have a smoke detector horror story I'll have to email you about... I feel your pain!

I need a new crock pot - so I was super excited to see your link! I love my KitchenAid mixer - so I bet I'd like their crock pot, too. Thanks for the recommendation!

And cute coffee cozy - I like those colors : )

Happy Friday!

Jenn Maruska said...

And I got so excited about the crock pot I forgot to mention that your bridesmaids jewelry is lovely. I bet they really sparkled next to the chocolate brown dresses.