Friday, September 21, 2007

Vintage bracelet.

I bought this vintage bangle bracelet of carved flowers on Etsy. I haven't worn it yet, but I'm planning to this weekend. Mark and I have a date planned for Saturday night. If I have a chance, I might try to make a new necklace to wear with my new bracelet.

Our other weekend plans include painting, painting, and more painting. I am taking a break on Sunday morning to meet my friend Christina for brunch. N. is spending most of his weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. Mark is taking next week off to continue painting and has a schedule for what he's doing each day. He's so organized.

This has been a sad week. My friend Sharon at work has battled breast cancer twice and found out it is back for a third time. Sharon is like everyone's mother or favorite aunt. This morning she found out it is inoperable. Treatable through radiation, but not curable. She did everything right: had mammograms, found a lump early, went through treatment, found it early the next time, had treatment, had body scans done on time, etc. It's terrifying and frustrating and saddening and horrible.

Please take a moment to send some positive thoughts to Sharon and her family.

2 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend : [

jessica said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend Sharon - here's sending positive thoughts her way.