Monday, September 17, 2007

Renegade.

We spent our entire Saturday in Chicago. First, we went to the Renegade Craft Fair and Do-Division Street Fest combo. That was fun. Do-Division had an area for kids, so Mark took N. there while I perused the crafty items. The weather was absolutely perfect for strolling around a craft fair. (Andrea, I wish you could have been here!)

Here's what I found. Some t-shirts from Sheriff Peanut, including this skull and crossbones one for N. He's very much into skeletons right now. And, in fact, he's all set for Halloween with this costume. And yes, friends and family, this is the same costume he wore last year only it didn't fit anymore, so I had to buy the next size up. I wish I had the desire to make a costume, but I just don't.

And back to Renegade...I also bought a necklace similar to this one that I've been wanting for ages from Figs & Ginger (this photo is from their site). They had such neat stuff that I had a hard time deciding and am now wishing I'd gotten something else, too.

And a resin pendant similar to the one on the left from Fernworks.

As I was strolling down Division, I noticed Beadniks, a bead store that I'd never been to before! Woo-hoo! I had to go in and do some shopping. I'll show you what I bought there next time.

I also checked out the new Renegade Handmade store, which was very cute.

After Renegade, we went to a block party by Mark's friend Jeremy's house. N. had a blast jumping in one of the blow-up jumping things (what are those things called?). He also got a really great balloon alien by one of the best balloon artists I've ever seen. If you look closely, you can see the alien's head is a balloon within a balloon - so the alien has a helmet! I know one little boy who is going to be very upset when this balloon friend is gone.

As if that weren't enough, we also went to my brother's for dinner. We had fun visiting with them and playing with our little nephew.

Yesterday I finally bought N. some school clothes now that the weather is getting cooler (or not - tomorrow is supposed to be 87 in Chicago!).

And now it's Monday again. The weekend is over.

Toodles.

4 comments:

iSew said...

Wow! I'm so jealous. Looks like you had a great time at Renegade.

If it wasn't for those jumping things (I call them bounce houses) I'd have no traffic at the Farmer's Markets on Sundays. lol

I love that t-shirt!

Felicia said...

Renagade sounds fabulous. I love that shirt.

jessica said...

Sounds like a fabulous way to spend the weekend - I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Jenn Maruska said...

Yeah - that t-shirt rocks!

And so does that alien.