Friday, April 27, 2007

Flowery Friday

I learned how to make this sweet little hexagonal box from Judy Walker in a Bead & Button Show class. My mom and my aunt took the class, too. My mom gave me her box because I liked it so much. I don't have a photo handy of that one. One day I'll post about things she's made. My aunt went on to make a much larger box with flowers on each panel. I've tried to convince her to give it to me, but no luck so far. I'll take a picture the next time I'm at her house and post it. The hexagonal box below has forget-me-nots in it - that's how small it is! I think it stands about an inch or 1.5 inches tall with the lid on.



One of the downsides to moving is that I miss my old flower garden. Right now we have some grass in the backyard, but that's it. I don't have anywhere to put my reading fairy.


Maybe I can pull out some pots and plant some flowers this weekend if the weather is nice.

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I am getting a little ansy to get some plants for my containers, but it's still too early. We are not out of the clear yet.

LJ said...

That is just the sweetest little blue box. And photo is wonderful!