Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ornaments and gingerbread.

I'm very excited about the ornament my mom made for us this year. She took a class in soldering and applied what she learned to making everyone an ornament for Christmas. I've been wanting to learn how to do this type of soldering this myself, so I think a class with Mom is in order!

It's hard to see in the photo, but she glittered the picture before setting it between the two pieces of glass. The ornament is two-sided, but my pictures of the other side didn't turn out as well.

Earlier in December I ordered these two ornaments from Petite House.

N liked them so much that he made his own version out of clay. Once it's painted I'll show it to you. I've been trying to get him to paint it all month.

The reindeer in this photo is one I stitched when I was very young. It's one of the first things I ever cross stitched. He even has a red bead for a nose!

We made a gingerbread house this morning. A little late, I know, but N had a great time decorating it anyway.

It's been snowing steadily all day. I'm off to do some beading and watch Julie & Julia. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Betty BeadBug said...

Your mom did a great job. Love the ornament. I want to learn how to do that too...just not enough hours in the day. I hope that you, and yours, had a very happy holiday.

iSew said...

Those petite houses are too cute! And I love your gingerbread house. Mine's still in the box....never mind.