Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mousse.

In the latter part of the year I decided to stop eating dairy. Even though I've had an allergy almost my entire life, I still ate it; but, I finally decided enough was enough. Dairy is a hard thing to cut out of your diet! Lately, I've been craving chocolate pudding. I found a recipe on Allrecipes for tofu pudding that's really more of a mousse in texture - even better!

Using that recipe as a base, I've been playing around and now have a version that N loves and chooses to eat over the dairy pudding that's in our refrigerator. In fact, N had a friend over last night and they both ate large bowls of it!

Tofu Chocolate Mousse

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used
vegan chips)
1/2 tablespoon water
12.3 oz.
extra firm silken tofu (silken tofu has a different texture than traditional tofu)
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1-1/4 tablespoons agave nectar
1/2 tablespoon Kahlua (optional)

Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Meanwhile put everything else in a food processor and process until smooth. Add melted chocolate. Process until smooth and creamy. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.


Stay safe this New Year's Eve!

4 comments:

iSew said...

mmm, that sounds pretty good. I may try and sneak that by Nick at some point.

mtnchild said...

Wishing you and yours a very happy and prosperous 2010.

Hugs,
Yvette

LollyChops said...

That pudding sounds pretty tasty!

I just wanted to drop in and say Happy New Year! Hope you have a great one!

5orangepotatoes said...

We aren't big dairy fans either. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
lisa