Tuesday, September 16, 2008

If things come in threes, we're done.

N was sick over the weekend. It started out looking like the stomach flu, but then the pain started. I was very suspicious and Monday morning took him to the doctor. By Monday night, he was having an emergency appendectomy.

We're home now. Mark brought the other recliner into the family room, so N and I can be side-by-side in our recliners. (I'm still in some pain from the hernia surgery and unable to sleep all night in my bed. I had some tests done to make sure the pain isn't being caused by something else. Nothing showed up. It just takes time.) N has been eating ice cream and relaxing. It's amazing how fast he seems to be recovering.

In case you're just joining us, first I had a laparotomy and an infection afterwards. Then I had surgery to repair the two hernias that resulted from the infection. Now N's appendectomy. That's three surgeries in our family in less than a year.

I, for one, am looking forward to the new year - even though it's still a few months away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear you guys are sick! At least you can hang out together in the recliners. That's got to be nice. Hang in there and get better!

Kerrie Slade said...

Ouch! Wishing you both a speedy recovery and hoping you can soon get back to beading :0)

Unknown said...

Oh, you poor dear. My best wishes to you both.
I had my appendix removed at 19, and it was one of the worst things I ever physically went through. Aside childbirth of course... :/ It took my body a few months to recover from the surgery, and the pain from the incision, but kids bounce back much faster than grownups. You'll have to hold him back so he doesn't push himself too hard.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Oh no! I just got your note on my blog about N. What a crazy year this has been! I'm so glad that everything went well..and I can see in your other post of him by the picture..he's sitting up and doing well!

There is NOTHING like the worry we haver for our children when they are sick..and then when it becomes something a little more serious it's just unbareable. I'm so glad this turned out okay..and something that is very routine for the docs to handle.

Tell N. me and my boy Cameron are sending him warm healing sunshine rays all the way across the ocean from Maui, Hawaii!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear about N.'s appendectomy and your post-op issues. A speedy recovery to you both.

iSew said...

I'm glad he bounced back so quickly, poor thing.

And you too, maybe not so quickly, but I'm glad you're getting better too.