Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A week of unicorns.

I was feeling a little down and sort of generally blah last week. All the surgeries we've had in our family (there have been others besides me and N) were starting to bring me down. My mom said I needed a little happiness and fun. During our conversation she asked me what made me happy when I was girl.

That was easy: unicorns! Oh, how I loved them. I still have my two favorite unicorn pieces and I bought something new on Etsy while I was feeling the unicorn vibe. I thought I'd share them with you this week.

First up, we have the unicorn jar that I painted when I was a young girl (I had a little help on the eye). I stored all my little treasures in it. I thought it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever painted.

I keep it in my studio. It makes me smile to think of my excitement over how gorgeous it was.

Next, I'll show you a unicorn my mom stitched for me.

Here's to a little magic and fun in your week!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your unicorn - how could she not make you smile? Wishing you and your family sunny days ahead!

Amber Leilani said...

i love that piece! she's beautiful. and in such good shape. for me... it was butterflies.

Melissa J. Lee said...

I loved unicorns, too! I had a collection of them. My favorite was one carved from wood and painted and sort of distressed - it looked like an old, faded carousel horse. I think my Dad found it in New Orleans one year. It's still at my folk's house - I should bring it back with me sometime.