Monday, August 11, 2008

One day at a time.

Just popping in to let you know that I came through the surgery okay. I had stay in the hospital Friday night because my heart rate was very high. They felt I needed additional fluids. I was glad to stay for the stronger pain medication! :) I was surprised at how much pain I was in.

The surgeon said there were actually two hernias; one in my belly button and one above it. He also said it looked like what happened was that the infection after the last surgery ate through the sutures, causing the incision to open up. That was the surgery that just kept giving.

So this week I'm taking it easy. Mark took care of me all weekend. My mom is coming over this week, and N is also home and being a big help.

Thanks for all your well wishes. I really appreciate your positive thoughts.

11 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I was wondering how everything went. But you just can't catch a break can you? I am glad you have such a caring family to dote over you until you get 100%.

Janalill said...

Glad to hear all is well. Hope to get you back in action soon! Enjoy the time you have with everyone's special loving care :D

iSew said...

Good grief girl, you deserve a lot of help for putting up with all of that. Hope you continue to improve.

Melissa J. Lee said...

I'm sorry to hear you had to undergo another surgery, but I'm glad that it's behind you now. I hope you have a very speedy recovery!

Jonara Blu Maui said...

good to hear the healing is going well and that you are getting extra rest. My brother has been through 3 or 4 hurnia operations..rushing it is never a good thing. take care and hang in there!

AJ said...

Yikes! I hope that after you recover from this, that surgery will cease to come back to haunt you.

Take care and feel better soon. I'm glad you're being well cared-for :)

Jenn Maruska said...

"Good grief girl" is right!

I hope that this is the LAST surgery for you!

Big hugs from Rochester NY,

We're thinking of you,

Jenn & Josh : )

Jonara Blu Maui said...

hey you..thanks for the super sweet comment. How you feeling? Hope you are busy healing!

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Aloha Christina! I have an award for you and your blog..When you are feeling well enough come check out this link to see the instructions and my note to you :)

take care!

Anonymous said...

I hope your recovery goes much more smoothly this time around. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best.
http://www.rhinestoneshop.com/