Sunday, August 17, 2008

Getting by.

The hernia surgery recovery is taking a little longer than the doctor predicted. I'm more mobile now, but still have a few areas that are pretty painful. And if I walk too much I get a charley horse in my stomach. Ouch!

My mom has been here almost every day (thanks, Mom!) and Mark and N have been taking good care of me, too. Since I am once again sleeping in the recliner (ugh!) they are sleeping with me in the family room again. In fact, they're both sleeping in here while I'm writing this. I wish they'd wake up already - it's almost 6:30 a.m. How long do they need to sleep? :)

I feel pretty okay while sitting in the recliner, which makes for really long days. Luckily I have Nurse Frida by my side to make me smile when I'm feeling bored and frustrated.

Photo from Ginny's blog

My lovely friend Ginny made her for me. Go check out her monkey shop. Nurse Frida really cheered me up. Isn't she the cutest?

Jamee gave me a Kick Ass Blogger award. Sweet. You can read all about it on her blog. That was a really nice surprise.

I've done some shopping while sitting here, too. Ah, the convenience of the Internet. I've actually started my Christmas shopping. I know, you might be cringing at the thought of it, but I've had plenty of time to get it started.

I might have found one or two things for me, too.

Screenprinted handbag from Ad Love

Beekeeper Earrings from Leaves of Glass

Let's see...what else have I been doing? I watched the first season of Hell's Kitchen. I've done some reading. I finished The River King by Alice Hoffman. She's one of my favorite authors.

Oh yes, and I am doing some beading. I'm working on a bracelet kit from Rachel Nelson-Smith that is a whole lot of work. I thought I'd be able to finish it while I'm stuck in the recliner, but I am starting to think it will take a lot longer than that. I'll try to take a photo of my progress when I'm a little more mobile.

Thanks so much for all of your comments and well wishes. They are the highlights of my day.

I hope Mark and N wake up soon.

4 comments:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

It's good to see you post again! You are very welcome for the award..you deserve it!

I am sorry it's taking so long to recoop..but it sounds like you are surrounded by so much love and care. Thats awesome that the boys have even moved out to the room you are sleeping in! So sweet!

Being stuck days on end in a recliner with a laptop and a credit card sounds kind of dangerous though..be careful! lol!

Katrin mdmB said...

Hello, good to read from you again :) ! That bag and earrings are lovely. I hope getting by with a help of Mark and N and ofcourse nurse Frida goes well. Best wishes #

MaricrisG said...

ouch! I hope you feel better. It's neat that we have the same name but mine is spelled w/o the "h".It's actually my 2nd name. As for the Christmas shopping, I think everyone is doing the same thing. :) btw, I found you thru Jonarablu. Thot I'd drop by to say hi!

Jenn Maruska said...

Oh - you've found a couple pretty things!

I agree with Jonara - I'd have a hard time not shopping all day. ; )

Hope you feel better very soon!!

Hugs, J.