But now I fear he has been exposed to too much Food Network. I present to you these examples:
- When I use vanilla extract in baking, N. will sometimes ask me if I'm using real or artificial because "there's never a good time to use artificial vanilla." (Thanks, Ina.) Luckily, I agree and my vanilla comes from The Spice House.
- I recently heard N. playing at cooking. He was making dinner for "when Jeffrey gets home." (Again, thanks, Ina.)
- Sometimes he makes paper versions of the cakes he sees on Ace of Cakes.
- If I ask him what he wants to watch, he'll ask if Rachael's Vacation is on.
- Last night I served homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. N. took a small sip of the soup and seemed to think about it, then took another bite. I asked him if he liked it and he said, "It has a good flavor, but there are too many textures for my liking." (Thanks, Iron Chef America.)