Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I dream of butterflies...

I made this pendant in a Tracy Stanley workshop. She's a very fun teacher. It was the first time I'd done any riveting - that can get addictive!

The front is sterling, the beads are a variety of semi-precious, pearls, and Karen Hill Tribe silver.

The back is copper and I stamped a little saying on it, "I dream of butterflies fluttering softly in the wind."

In keeping with my fondness for butterflies I registered for this class at Bead & Button in June. I have to bring the beads to use in it, so I'll have to look and see what I have. I might have to do some bead shopping. Oh, no, that would be torture!

While I was at it, I registered my mom for this bracelet class with Marcia DeCoster. Pretty, isn't it?

Now if June would just get here...

10 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

All this pretty eye candy...!

Hope you have to do some bead shopping! Ah, the sacrifices we have to make sometimes... : D

iSew said...

I love the beads you chose to go on the pendant. So pretty.

Christina J. said...

That's a photo of the pendant class I'm taking. It was actually made by the instructor, Barb Switzer.

Sorry...I should have been more clear about that!

I won't make mine until June. Sigh.

Melissa J. Lee said...

I was just talking about Bead & Button with a friend last night. I guess we're all pretty hard-core! When is it going to be June??

Christina J. said...

I think it's the first week of June. The shopping for the public opens June 6. Classes start the previous weekend.

Lucy said...

Amazing pendant! So sweet and beautiful. :)

Katrin mdmB said...

Butterfly picture pendant is so cute! Where did you get the picture to frame? Sterling and copper look so nice together!

Christina J. said...

Thanks for the nice comments!

Katrin, I believe I got the butterfly image from this book:

Full-Color Decorative Butterfly Illustrations CD-ROM and Book (Dover Full-Color Electronic Design)

The link will take you to Amazon.com.

Katrin mdmB said...

Thanks for the link! :)

Louise Hill said...

The copper pendant is very nice!!