Friday, July 30, 2010

Book Review: The Earring Style Book by Stephanie Wells

I've been in the mood to make earrings and made these after reading my advance copy of The Earring Style Book by Stephanie Wells (published by Crown Publishing/Potter Craft).

This is the best earring book I've seen in a while. What I love about it is that it gives you all the tools you need to be inspired and make your own earrings. The styles range from chic to bohemian to rock-and-roll. My earrings are my own design, but the techniques I used to make them are in the book. There is even a section in the book entitled, "Designing Earrings on Your Own."

But, that's not to say I don't want to make earrings that are in the book! I especially love the earrings on the cover and have them on my to-make list.

The book covers basic techniques with clear instructions and then builds on those techniques. The projects range from simple drop earrings to chandelier earrings with wire wrapping. There are a few basic frames that can be used in a wide range of earring styles--or to create your own design as I did.

The book publishes on August 17, but is available for pre-order now.

2 comments:

Yazmin said...

How were you lucky enough to get an advanced copy? The earrings on the cover would have called me, too. :)

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!