Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Painted frame and table.

I've moved on from painting rooms to painting projects. I recently purchased this vintage botanical oil painting on Etsy.

The frame color did not go well with the dark pink of the studio, so I decided to paint it white.

I also decided I needed a small table to put my pliers, etc. on while I'm working at the large table. My mom had been storing this oak table in our basement for a few years, so I asked her if I could have it. I'm not crazy about the hearts cut out on the sides, but I cannot complain about the price! I painted it the same white as the frame.

I'm trying to decide if the frame is too white...should I distress it?...paint it a different shade of white?...leave it as is?

1 comment:

mtnchild said...

I love the picture and you were right in thinking that the frame was too dark.

I would live with the white frame for a while, and if it still bothers you in, let's say, a month or two, then do something else with it.

Hugs
Yvette