- Grab the nearest book.
- Open the book to page 56.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
- Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
Yet still before him his shadow lay amid the shadows of leaves. He shook his newspaper and changed the way his legs were crossed. Enjoy, enjoy.I'd love to read your quotes if you decide to play along!
Among many other and odder beliefs, his father-in-law was sure that a man
can't think or feel clearly if he can see his own shadow. (He thought also that
looking at oneself in the mirror immediately before retiring to bed caused bad,
or at least troubling, dreams.)
This reminds me that AJ tagged me for the 7 random facts meme. I've done this before, but this seems like a good time to try to drum up 7 fresh facts to share with you.
- One of my favorite things is the smell of freshly cut grass.
- At Thanksgiving I make a pumpkin pie without pie crust for Mark, N., and I because we're not big pie crust fans.
- I do not really like frosting. I usually take it off and give it to my mom or N.
- Today I called the cable company to see if they would discount my bill and they took off a whopping $10.
- Once when I was a kid the librarian wouldn't let me check out a book without my mom's approval. The book? Forever by Judy Blume. My mom let me check it out.
- I don't like candy corn, but will sometimes eat it at this time of the year, all the while wondering why I'm eating it when I don't like it.
- I have plans to do something with this frame. I'll be sure to show you when I do.