The pattern is from Sigrid Wynne-Evans Masterpieces for Beadwork. This particular piece is an adaptation of John William Waterhouse's My Sweet Rose. Waterhouse is one of my favorites and I think the beaded version is pretty darn good considering the limitations of expressing a detailed painted piece with beads.
I have my piece framed and will take a picture of it soon. It's sitting in a hutch that Mark made for me. I did have a photo of it, but I think it's been lost due to computer troubles. My digital camera isn't hooked up yet, either. Getting the computer in order is on our to-do list for this weekend.
Oh! That reminds me! LeeAnn tagged me a while back to post my to-do list. Hmmm...I have a pretty large list in my head, so I'll put down my top 5.
- Get the computer in order. Mark thinks he backed everything up recently, so hopefully all my 2007 photos are there. Right now they are nowhere to be found on this hard drive.
- Wrap Father's Day gifts for Mark, his dad, and my mom. (Yes, I know it's Father's Day, but my mom raised the three of us, so I give her both Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts.) And buy some cards. And figure out what N. and I are going to do: take Mark out to breakfast? Go to the movies? Take a train downtown and go to one of the Lake Michigan beaches?
- Pull Mark's great-grandmother's sewing machine out of my studio closet to see if it works. I almost did this last night, but instead I set up the slip and slide for N. and sat outside.
- Finish at least one of the bead/wirework projects I have going. I have a project set up on each floor of our house! I think I have a studio to avoid this, but unfortunately for Mark, it doesn't work out that way.
- Clean out the refrigerator. One of my big pet peeves is a messy icebox. Mine needs to be wiped out and it's annoying me every time I open it.
Now, who's it? I think I'll tag Jenn, Ginny, and Jessi.
Wait! I have to list one more thing! Learn how to make granny squares so the large pile of yarn will stop staring at me accusingly. Would you believe my mom tried to get away with giving me the granny square she made to figure it out on my own? No, no, no, Mom, that's not happening. I'm expecting a step-by-step tutorial.