Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weekend fun.

This weekend my nephew J. stayed overnight. J. and N. are the same age and have a great time when they're together.

It was hot out, so they spent most of Saturday outside.

They made projects with Floam. It was squishy and weird feeling. It dries hard, so you can cover things with or just make pictures. The two of them asked me to videotape them working on their projects and they pretended they were doing a craft television show.

They did a lot of "underwater swimming."

And generally acting silly.

As for me, I feel like all I did was cook and bake! They asked for chocolate cupcakes and I went all out and made them from scratch. I think I did it because Andrea told me about her homemade cupcakes she made for her daughter's birthday party and they sounded so good I had to make some!

I made the recipe that was on the Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa can. I made the Grand Fudge Cake recipe into cupcakes. Oh, was that batter ever delicious! I also used the frosting recipe on the can. The cupcakes were fantastic.

This morning we caught some frogs and found a painted turtle in our front yard that we brought over to the wetlands. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the turtle! I picked him up to show the boys and he was not happy. He hissed when Mark picked him up to walk him over to the pond! I didn't know turtles could hiss.

Later when Mark, N., and I were on our way to dinner, we saw a snapping turtle in the grassy area on the side of the road! It was fairly large. We turned around and drove a little closer to get a better look, but this time I opted not to pick the turtle up (we all stayed in the car). I like having all my fingers.

2 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Those cupcakes look delicious...

: )

Yazmin said...

Aw! Wish you had taken a shot of the turtles too! I love turtles.