Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Papercutting.

I have wanted to try papercutting for some time. It seems like it could be a relaxing way to spend an evening and I think N would be happy to keep me supplied in artwork to cut out.

I bought some papercut patterns from Elsa Mora and they were a great learning tool.

I find that I am gripping the cutter too hard and my hand gets sore. I also hold my breath! I have three more patterns left to cut out. I need to work on breathing and being relaxed next time.

4 comments:

Amber Leilani said...

oooooh... that's fabulous! i've always wanted to try it as well. can't wait to see more work!

Sarah and Jack said...

I love paper cutting so much. Really. Dont forget the free patterns on the scherenschnitte blog.

P.S. I cut mine with fiskars micropoint scissors. Way easier than an exacto for me.

Betty BeadBug said...

I think this looks great. You are always trying the coolest things! :-)

iSew said...

I've also wanted to try that. I'm sure I'd do the same thing with the cutter though, and I don't need another vice that makes my hands sore! haha Very nice work.