Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cherry Blossom Bracelet.

I have finished the Cherry Blossom Bracelet kit by Laura McCabe! I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

There are three flowers and a lot of fringe. The crystals on the fringe provide some added sparkle - always a good thing in my book.

Because I made the band longer than I needed to, I had to adjust the placement of the embellishment so that it's slightly off-center. On my wrist, it is centered.

I think the cherry blossoms would make cute earrings.

I decided to freeform the placement of the flowers and fringe instead of following the placement on the instructions exactly. I also changed up the layout of the flowers. The instructions called for the green-ish flower to be between the other two.

My flowers and fringe are also placed more tightly together than in the instructions. I like the look of them bunched up rather than spaced apart, especially when the bracelet is on the wrist. The kit for this bracelet was the mustard colorway. When last I looked, I didn't see this colorway on the Beads East site. I purchased it at Bead & Button last year.

Now I have to decide what to work on next. Another Laura McCabe kit? I have a few more waiting in the wings.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

That is really beautiful!

Betty BeadBug said...

I think they would make adorable earrings too. You never cease to impress me - I don't think I could do all that fine detailed work. I'm not sure that I have the patience. :-) Maybe someday I'll give it a go.

Jenn Maruska said...

Beautiful! I bet you'll get a ton of compliments on it!!

Terri said...

Just gorgeous!!!

iSew said...

That's gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Success! I knew you could do it. Your eyes must be tired after that one, with all those tiny details. It turned out wonderfully and I like the adjustments you made to the pattern. Mark needs to take you out for a nice dinner somewhere so you can show it off!

Christina J. said...

Thanks, everyone! Your kind words mean a lot to me. :)

I had to take a small beading break to work on something else tonight. I am still not sure what my next beading project will be.

Katrin mdmB said...

Wow, congratulations! This is such a romantic and sweet piece of jewelry!

Rebecca said...

Oh wow! It's gorgeous!! You have amazing patience.