Thursday, July 9, 2009

Framed.

I framed the unicorn stitching. I purchased the vintage frame from Made by Mavis on Etsy. She had already painted it the color I wanted - perfect! I knew I wanted it for this piece before I'd even begun stitching. I didn't measure anything or figure out sizing. (I'm picturing my mom shaking her head here; I do not take after her when it comes to this sort of thing.)

I was very lucky that it fit in the frame just as I'd pictured in my mind.

I hung it on the wall and thought I was done until last night, when I was once again pondering whether or not I wanted to do something with this frame or leave it as is.

I leaned it against the wall with the Fern painting and noticed how well all the colors went together. That's when I decided to rearrange a few things and put this frame around the Fern painting and the unicorn stitching.

I could not get a decent photo of the entire corner, but this one gives a good sense of things. (Sorry about the glare.) I don't know why I seem to think vintage unicorns go well with Fern, but I do.

Also on the table is a French beaded flower, which arrived here from France not long ago.

My original plan for the frame was to either put a screen in it or some fabric to make it into a jewelry holder. Now I'll be on the lookout for a frame for that project.

1 comment:

Amber Leilani said...

i think it all looks fantastic together!