Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Repurposed.

Each time I set my stitching down, I kept thinking that I needed something to put it in. I looked at JoAnn's but couldn't find anything I liked. (Is it just me or are today's sewing boxes kind of unattractive?) Given my love for boxes, I knew I had to have something around the house I could use.

I spotted this under one of my bookcases. Just the right size for what I needed. It was storing some old Master Locks and bookmarks (kind of a weird combination, huh?) that could be placed elsewhere.

I received this box many years ago from my mother-in-law. We went to a craft show together and I picked it out. Check out the artist's site if you have time.

Look at how nicely my supplies fit in the box. My flower stitching is almost done!

It was difficult working with the beads rolling around the inside of the lid, so I cut one of my bead mats to fit. Perfect! Sorry the photo is a little dark.

So far it's been working out really well. And the flower stitching has been coming along nicely.

3 comments:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

You are too ingenious and organized. I'm gonna have to take some lessons from you when we move because we are getting a smaller place w/ less storage..gotta be organized to make it work!

Sarah and Jack said...

I sort of hate how modern sewing boxes are so DARN puffy. LOL

Christina J. said...

I agree! Is that so I can use it as an enormous pincushion? And I don't usually care for the fabrics, either.