Friday, December 5, 2008

Let it snow.

All the snow we've had around here put me in the mood for a snowflake necklace. The basic pattern comes from a book I have, but I expanded on it a bit. Being that it's almost all crystals, it's very sparkly.

Mellisa tagged me with the 7 random facts meme. I think I am running out of random facts about myself. We'll soon find out.

  1. I am totally into the holidays this year, probably because I didn't feel well at this time last year. The house is decorated, the tree is trimmed, presents are wrapped and Christmas music is playing every evening. In fact, I think this is going to be a holiday themed list. And I'll check it twice. :)
  2. My Christmas cards are addressed, stamped, and ready to mail. They have been for two weeks. I'm waiting a little while longer to mail them.
  3. I love hot chocolate, but I don't drink it very often.
  4. I keep forgetting to buy candy canes for our tree. When I do remember, all I seem to find are weird ones, like yellow and blue SpongeBob candy canes. Does SpongeBob scream Christmas to you? Me neither.
  5. There's eggnog in my refrigerator right now. For years I would buy it for Mark, which is funny because he doesn't like it and never has. This year I bought it for N to try.
  6. Our pantry is looking pretty bare because N and I raided it this morning for food pantry donations his school is doing. Yesterday I'd brought in a bunch of food for the food pantry donation my work is doing. I should have planned that better and split up the food.
  7. I'm going to buy some supplies after work to make these button ornaments with N. He loves to sew.
Play along if you'd like.

10 comments:

AJ said...

That's the perfect Winter pendant! Using the different shades of white and crystal really gives it more dimension.

Betty BeadBug said...

This is beautiful! I am so impressed I can't even tell you. I would love to be able to do something like this. I am also quite jealous of you being so on your game as far as the holidays. I try but time always seems to get away from me. :-)

REB said...

I really love you site. I was just cruising the internet for bead patterns and I stumbled on your site. It is so lovely I am envious that you can decrease the peyote stitch. I have been trying for weeks and I can't seem to master it. Can you recommend any books that might help?

Anonymous said...

Your necklace is beautiful. I love snowflakes.

Wish I was as on-the-ball as you with Christmas. We have our tree up and one cupboard decorated but I still have a lot to do!

~ Jennifer

Katrin mdmB said...

That snowflake is so pretty! It makes a gorgeous necklace!

iSew said...

Nice list Christina. (Good to know you love hot chocolate, btw)

I think putting candy canes on the tree is great, why don't I do that?

Christina J. said...

I gave in an bought some chocolate mint cady canes that at least had some red and white in them. N tried hard to talk me into High School Musical 3 candy canes. That wasn't working. I didn't like the chocolate mint candy canes, they tasted yucky. Yesterday I happened to see some plain old red and white traditional candy canes and snatched them up!

LollyChops said...

I absolutely LOVE that snowflake! wow! My mom would freak if she saw that!

MaricrisG said...

so pretty!!! I love it! will you mind sharing the pattern? :)

Jonara Blu Maui said...

awww...its so pretty! Thats the kind of snowflake that could live on Maui :)