Thursday, January 8, 2009

Etsy Favorite: Sarah Blank Studios

It's been a while since I've shared a favorite Etsy shop with you and this week I'm excited to introduce you to Sarah Blank Studios. I've admired Sarah's work for some time. When she started putting her prints into vintage lockets I checked her shop often, waiting for the one that would speak to me.

And then she wrote on her blog that she would be posting this pretty butterfly locket. I stalked her shop and was lucky. Have I mentioned that I love lockets? All of the beautiful photos in this post are from Sarah's shop.

It's even prettier in person. I might switch it to a necklace for a while. Then I can change it back to a brooch. Aren't the prints inside pretty?

If you are looking for a locket, this sweet cameo is still in her shop. Sarah is not planning to make more lockets, so this might be your last chance.

This sketchbook has two of Sarah's original artworks inside.

Some of my favorite prints from her shop.

This weekend N. is going to his very first sleep over at a friend's house in our neighborhood. I'm trying not to be a little sad about it. He is growing up so fast! The bright side is that Mark and I can go out on a date.

Maybe I'll be struck by some beading inspiration, too.

7 comments:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

wow..she's amazing..down to her dressing up to be the background for her pictures...the glove..way cool..you can even see her outfit in the one..her dress and stockings and shoes in the snow. She seems to live and breath her art..she IS the girls in those pictures. too cool!

And that locket..it's very different!love the butterfly on front..it's not your average butterfly the way it's done. I understand you stalking her for that one!

Have fun on your date! N is gonna have so much fun!

Andrea said...

Beautiful locket! I love her painting of the woman with the red birds - makes me think of Emily Dickinson, for some reason.

A sleepover?! Such a big kid. Ah well, enjoy your date night!

Christina J. said...

I think the painting of the woman with the red birds is my favorite one, although I feel like every time I look in her shop I see a different favorite! I completely agree with you about Emily Dickinson.

Amber Leilani said...

WOW!!!!!
it's been a while since i was this blown away by an artist.
i'm off to look at that sketchbook. i collect sketchbooks and hand bound books.
thanks for sharing!!!

Margie Oomen said...

I am a huge sara blank fan. I have a few of her prints and I gave one of her lockets to my daughter last year.
Thanks so much for your blog birthday wishes.

iSew said...

Wow, great find Christina!
I hope N. had a good time. It must be hard to see him growing so quickly and becoming more independent. sigh

Margeaux said...

Great seller..I love the photo with the fishnet glove. So creative!