Friday, September 3, 2010

Jewelry display.

Long ago I had an idea for a way to display some my jewelry with a printer's drawer because my jewelry armoire was close to overflowing. Then I got lazy and did nothing about it. Sometimes I would look at the drawers in antique shops, but I didn't want to spend $25 or more.

When I went to the Elkhorn Flea last month, I found this drawer and made an offer of $5. Sold!

I bought $8 worth of eye hooks at the hardware store. I had a hard time putting the eye hooks in, so I asked Mark for ideas on how make my dream a reality more easily. The next thing I knew he was working on my project for me. He's pretty fantastic.

This entire project cost $13. Because almost all of the jewelry in it is vintage or handmade, it looks like a piece of art.

11 comments:

LeeAnn said...

That is GORGEOUS! So sparkly.

Yazmin said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Love that you made a space for your little beaded flowers vase from the other post. Looks good there!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

What a great way to display your items. It looks fantastic.
Always fab to repurpose an item too - which is what I blogged about today.

mamabeaks said...

That Is gorgeous and it looks soooo good........ You are like me, I like to display my jewelry when I'm not wearing it. I have been looking for a tray for ages, they are just a bit too expensive around here, but I know one will come my way. I like your beaded flowers too. I have several that I have found through out the years.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

That looks so nice! What a great solution and a great price. Take care, Connie

Katrin mdmB said...

That's amazing!!! Really a piece of art indeed!

Jenn Maruska said...

Fantastic!!! You are such a clever shopper : ) So pretty!

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Awesome idea! I bought one of the printers trays at a flea market a year or two ago, with the intention of stitching alphabet letters to put in the sections. Needless to say, I haven't done anything with it. I *do* have plenty of jewelry, though, so this is definitely a possibility!

mtnchild said...

Fantastic!!! I love the look of all that shiny stuff.

I have a small case like that and it holds all my small odds and ends of little critters; cats, dogs, bunnies, etc. It keeps it all contained and prevents the critters from becoming lost.
Yvette

iSew said...

A-ma-zing!