Friday, January 15, 2010

Brooches.

I love looking at other people's jewelry. Not long ago, Mark's mom and I sat down and spent some time looking at her mom's jewelry and reminiscing. Mark's mom is not a lover of sparkle (this is very hard for me to understand!) and she gave me some brooches that she thought I would appreciate.

These pieces most likely belonged to Mark's great grandma, which makes them more special. I think she and I would have been on the same sparkly page.

I don't wear many brooches, so for the most part, some of these are included in small displays around the house. I think a little bit of sparkle is appropriate just about anywhere, don't you?

5 comments:

susanc said...

I'm with you - I love some sparkle! The brooches are really pretty; I especially like the one in the top photo.

mtnchild said...

Sparkle is good. Sparkle from old jewelry is fantastic! Love the pieces, especially the one with the missing pearls ... it looks much loved.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yazmin @ A Pretty Rock said...

You know, I'm not a fan of sparkle like that myself, but those pieces are just too good to not keep...family heirlooms and all.

Maryanne said...

I love these brooches ... I'm a bit of a fan of sparkle :)