Thursday, July 17, 2008

Crystal bracelets.

A long time ago nearly every beader among my friends and family was making these bracelets. We loved them! I learned how to make them at a class at Caravan Beads in Chicago, but later a Beadwork book had the pattern for them. In the pink one below I made a beaded bead for the clasp.

They are sparkly and fun. I have some others that I can show you another time. Most of mine seem to be monochromatic.

At the time I thought these bracelets were really expensive to make because of all the bicone crystals. Little did I know I was on a slippery beaded slope. Those were the days before I discovered semi-precious stones.

3 comments:

Amber Leilani said...

isn't it amazing how our tastes and perception of costs change?
when i first started beading, i thought the same thing... then i disoverd delicas, then gemstones, then GOOD gemstones. what's next? metalwork....

Katrin mdmB said...

Beautiful and sparkly! I must admit I've also moved from less expensive to more expensive materials (though I haven't yet used really good gemstones or gold). I've got loads of plastic beads I'm afraid I'll never use...

Jonara Blu Maui said...

haha! and then it got for reals dangerous! These are beautiful and as usual your photography of your jewelry is just stunning!