Monday, October 20, 2008

Pottery.

N. has been taking a pottery class and has been doing very well.

Here is his very first piece. He actually painted it once before this, but was given the wrong paint, so it had to be soaked and removed. He was pretty upset, but then decided having a second chance to paint it wasn't such a bad thing. The blue circles on the let of the piece are air bubbles for the fish to breathe. We still have to decide where to hang it. It needs a special place.

His first bowls thrown on the wheel.

He had some trouble getting this one off of the wheel, so it has a hole in the bottom that you can just make out in the photo below.

I don't know if my very first three pottery pieces would look this good.

It's been fun watching him be so excited about these classes.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! Those are awesome pottery pieces! The fish is so realistic - lots of great detail. And the bowls turned out so well - much better than I would have done on my first try, I'm sure. Great work, N.!

iSew said...

They are gorgeous, as I expected. I really love the fish. You'll have to hang it somewhere very special for sure. Tell him "well done" from me.

Jenn Maruska said...

N is very talented! He gets a "well done" from Josh and I, too! : )